We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your Personal data.
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) explains who we are, how we collect share and use Personal Data about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to Maekersuite Media Ltd (“Maeker”, “Maekersuite” “we”, “our” or “us”) use of User’s Personal Data in connection with our services (the “Services”). You are a User when you visit a page of website or app (the “Platform”).
Last updated: February 2023
1. Who we are
Maekersuite is a video creation toolkit that helps individuals and businesses create engaging, authentic, and professional looking videos that can be used to increase brand awareness and reach.
2. Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data about you from different sources listed below. In this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” means any information related to an identified or identifiable individual, and it does not include data whereby personally identifiable information has been removed (such as anonymised or aggregated data).
Information provided by you
- Name and email. When you register for the Platform, you provide us with Personal Data such as your name and email address. In addition, when you contact us via a contact form, email, or by other means, or subscribe to our marketing communications, you may provide us with Personal Data, such as your name, email address and phone number, and the contents and nature of your correspondence with us.
- Images. When you create content on the Platform, we process information you choose to create or upload, including videos and scripts which may include your image. The terms applicable to your rights in such content are available in the Maekersuite Terms and Conditions.
Please make sure you have permission from third parties before sharing their Personal Information with us, for example permission from friends or co-workers who feature in your videos.
Information Collected via Automated Means
- Device Information. When you interact with our Platform, we may automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, device ID, device information (such as model, brand and operating system), web browser, and other information your device may transmit.
- Usage Information. When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including information about your interactions with our Platform, such as the time of your visit and where you click, interactions with our team and transaction records.
- Inferred Data. We may also infer or collect additional information about you based on what we or our partners collect.
Information Collected from Other Sources
- Social media information. We may obtain Personal Information about you from social media platforms, such Facebook and Instagram. This information includes profile information and messages you choose to send us via these platforms.
- Information from platforms our Services rely on. We obtain Personal Information from third party platforms, such as transaction information and payment verification from Stripe, Google and Apple.
- Marketing. We may obtain Personal Information from marketing partners, such as the Private Practice Hub.
We also collect, create, use, and share anonymised and/or aggregated data (such as statistical or demographic data) derived from your Personal Data or use of the Services (“Aggregated Data”) for our business purposes. Aggregated Data is not Personal Data as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may anonymise and/or aggregate data about your use of our Services to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as Personal Data and process it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
3. How We Use Personal Data
We will use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing the Services. We use your Personal Data to operate, maintain, and provide you with the Services.
- Providing technical support. We use your Personal Information to provide technical support, including diagnosing and resolving any issues you report.
- Communicating with you. We may use your Personal Data as necessary to contact you for administrative purposes, including to provide information that you request and to respond to comments and questions.
- Marketing. We may use your email address and other Personal Data to send marketing communications, including updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties with whom we work. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve the Services. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below under section 5: “Your Rights and Choices.” Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Advertising. We may use your Personal Data to advertise our Platform on other services.
- Creating Aggregated Data. We may use your Personal Data to collect or create Aggregated Data for our business purposes.
- Understanding usage and improving the Services. We use the information that we collect on the Services to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Administrative and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Data to address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to Maekersuite, including enforcing our contracts or other legal rights, complying with legal obligations, and defending against legal claims or disputes.
Other purposes. We may use your Personal Data for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Data is collected.
4. When We Disclose Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- Third party service providers and/or partners who provide data processing services to us or otherwise process personal information for purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We work with third-party service providers to provide app development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process Personal Information as part of providing those services for us. For example we work with Amazon Web Services to host your Personal Information, Mixpanel and Google Analytics.
- Social media platforms. When you choose to share your information with social media platforms, such as Instagram, we share Personal Information, including your content where you ask us to, with them. These social media platforms will use your Personal Information for their own purposes. We suggest you carefully read their privacy policies before sharing information.
- Payment processors. We disclose your Personal Information to payment processors in order to receive payment for the use of our App, such as Stripe, Apple and Google. We suggest your carefully read their privacy policies before making payment:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory agency, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed business transition. such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, provided that your information is only used for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- Group companies supporting our services for business and operational purposes;
- Anyone else with your consent.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Data we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If you receive marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving marketing emails from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please be aware that after you opt out from receiving marketing messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or (after the end of the UK's transitional period) the UK, you have the following additional rights:
- the right to request access to, correction of, updates to, or deletion of your personal information;
- the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your information;
- where we process your personal information on the basis of consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- the right to complain to a data protection authority if believed that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation. For more information please contact your local data protection authority.
If you are in the UK, or the European Economic Areas, the controller of your data is Maekersuite Media Ltd. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Use of European Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, we only process your Personal Data when we have a valid legal basis.
- Consent. We may use your Personal Data when you have given your consent to do so. For example, to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual necessity. We may use your Personal Data to perform our end of our contracts with you. For example, to provide you with the Services.
- Legal obligation. We may use your Personal Data when we are legally required to. For example, to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or to comply with a court order.
- Legitimate interest. We may use your Personal Data when we, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we have a legitimate interest in understanding usage and improving the Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process Personal Data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
6. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our primary servers are located in the United Kingdom and Europe, and our Group Companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world- including the United States and India. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA or the UK in accordance with European Union data protection law.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Platform is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Data in violation of this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Data Retention
Maekersuite stores all Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, or for as long as we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation. When deleting Personal Data, we will take measures to render such Personal Data irrecoverable or irreproducible, and the electronic files which contain Personal Data will be permanently deleted.
9. Data Security
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Data that we collect and maintain. However, the storage and transfer of Personal Data through the internet will carry its own inherent risks, and we do not guarantee the security of your Personal Data. You make any such storage and transfer at your own risk.
10. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will post any adjustments to this Privacy Notice on this page, and the revised version will be effective when it is posted. If we materially change the ways in which we use or share Personal Information previously collected from you through the Services, we will attempt to notify you of such material changes through the App, by email, or other method.
11. How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at:
Att Privacy: Maekersuite Media Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU